Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Fluffy Kittens!

Aiight.

Well, this is going to be a much more positive post from my last bbygrl rant (I promise!). I don't know. I figured I'd make a list of the places I would most like to visit in the world before I bite the dust (partly for your literary pleasure, partly so I can keep track of them all). I'm so untraveled, it's almost embarrassing. I think that legitimately the farthest I've ever been from home was when I went to New Mexico in my mother's womb. SAD.

(in no particular order...)














Istanbul, Turkey
"The city of 100 names."

ALSO

Istanbul is the only city in the world that is geographically located in Europe and Asia. Hit two birds with one stone. WERD.














Copehagen, Denmark
"The city of spires" (as in churches... Pegasus would be so very proud).  Also one of the greenest cities in the world! YAY <3











Laramie, Wyoming
(Yes. I am serious.) I feel like of all of US states, I know the least about Wyoming. I don't know. Like, if you wanna get away from it all/are hiding from the law/hate people in general, this is definitely the place to go. There are only a handful of "big-box" companies here---the rest are mainly family owned businesses. It is definitely one of the more populous areas of Wyoming, with a population of a little over 30,000 according to the 2010 census.  Side note: should I decide to get married, I am most def honeymooning somewhere in Wyoming. <3















Dubai, India
AKA one of the fastest growing cities on the planet.  Home to the world's first underwater hotel (trippyyyy), an artificial collection of islands shaped like a palm tree that can be seen FROM THE MOON, Dubailand (the world's largest amusement park--TWICE the size of Disney World), the world's largest mall, the world's largest indoor skiing facility, the world's largest metro system, the world's largest airport, and more construction workers than there are actual citizens. I legit need to see this to believe it. Sooo crazy! (http://www.dubai-architecture.info/DUB-GAL1.htm)
















Tel Aviv, Israel
"The City that Never Sleeps." (Yeah, it's the same for New York City too. You're not crazy, cutie pie <3) Also known as "The Mediterranean's new capital of cool" and the "Gay capital of the Middle East." Also home to Israel's first sex festival! WOOOO WOOOO. And the fact that I found this picture on a website entitled "Jewlicious.com" pleases me immensely.



















Seoul, South Korea
Houses over half of the total population of South Korea (over 10,000,000 peeps), yet only makes up about 0.6% of the country's land. RIDICULOUS. Also contains over 100 museums, including the Kimchi Field Museum which documents Korean culinary history (om nom nom!)

I'll write more of these types of posts later on. So many places I wanna visit! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment